- Clergy Session
- Clergy and those required to attend the Clergy Session should register for this meal. The Clergy Session will begin with lunch in order to maximize time. Clergy Session business will begin promptly at 1:30 pm.
- Clergy Spouses
- An opportunity for clergy spouses to gather together and also meet Mrs. Julie Bard. Click here for details.
- Lay Servant Ministries Directors
- A business gathering for Lay Servant Ministries Directors.
- Welcome BBQ for Bishop Bard – Registration required at no cost to attendees.
- This will be a time of fellowship and fun to welcome Bishop David Bard and his family to Michigan.
Friday Breakfast Option
- Grand Traverse District (Williamsburg UMC)
Off-site meal, not available through registration. Click here for details and contact info to sign-up.
- Susan Beaumont (keynote speaker) Q & A
- An opportunity for interaction with our keynote speaker Susan Beaumont.
- Campus Ministry
- Click here for details. Shapes and Sizes of Campus Ministries Across The UMC with guest speaker Matthew Charlton, Assistant Secretary Collegiate Ministries.
- Methodist Federation for Social Action
- A gathering of both the Detroit and West Michigan MFSA chapters.
- MI Area Black Clergy – Black Methodists for Church Renewal
- An opportunity for Detroit and West MI to gather and get to know each other.
- Michigan Area Haiti Task Force
- Members of MAHTF will provide an update on Hurricane Matthew recovery efforts, the 200th anniversary of Methodism in Haiti, and completion of the Local Preachers Academy.
- New Church Development Teams
- New models for reaching new people. The most effective way to reach new people is to start something new. We will introduce new models for churches in the Michigan area and beyond.
- Order of Deacons
- This will be the meeting and fellowship time for the Orders of Deacons for the Michigan Area.
- Town and Country Ministry
- This meal will focus on saving small churches through collaboration and cooperative parish.
- On Your Own – No Conference Dinner Offered
- Friday evening is an unscheduled night. Conference will recess at 5:30 PM and resume again Saturday morning.
- Board of Global Ministries (Traverse City Central UMC) $20
- Off-site meal, not available through registration. Click here for details and contact info to sign-up.
- Guest Speaker: Mr. George G. Howard, Executive Director, Global Coaching & Strategic Initiatives, General Board of Global Ministries, Atlanta GA
- Bishop’s Lunch with Extension Ministries (Invite Only)
- Closed gathering for those appointed to extension ministries.
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- Alum gathering for Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary.
- Hispanic/Latino Ministries
- An opportunity to learn about developing Hispanic/Latino ministries, taking some aspects of the Pentecost Journey Workshop on developing Hispanic/Latino ministries.
- Liberia Task Force
- Information about the needs of Liberia and the covenant relationship between the Liberia Conference and Michigan.
- Methodist Theological School in Ohio
- Gathering for alumni and friends of MTSO.
- Mission Interns
- Join us to hear the life-changing stories of the Mission Intern program from Interns, Sites, and Alumni. Allow us to share our gratitude for your support for this premiere young adult ministry and find out how your church can partner with the Mission Intern program this summer.
- Reconciling United Methodists
- An opportunity for persons wishing to network about ways to be in ministry with all, including, but not limited to, LGBTQI persons. In addition to fellowship, we will have a speaker.
- Retired Clergy
- An opportunity for previously retired clergy from Detroit and West MI to gather. Click here for details.
- Vital Church Initiative
- Barriers to Growth. Rev. Gary Step will be speaking on our churches preexisting core values and their influence on hindering or facilitating growth.
- Wesleyan Covenant Association
- This is a coalition of congregations, clergy and laity from all jurisdictions that are committed to promoting ministry that combines a high view of Scripture, Wesleyan vitality, orthodox theology, and Holy Spirit empowerment. We have come together to support, network and encourage one another as the future of The UMC comes into clearer focus.
- Retiree Celebration is General Meal
- An honoring of those retiring this year.
- Bishop’s Dinner with Those to Be Commissioned and Associate Member (Invite Only)
- For all Michigan Area Candidates being commissioned in 2017.
- Church & Society and Justice, Advocacy & Equity Board
- We will have a speaker on a current social justice issue, followed by awards.
- Council on Finance and Administration (Invite Only)
- Business session for West MI and Detroit CFA’s.
- Multi-Ethnic Church – New Church Teams
- UM Camping Ministries
- Click here for details. Updates on the vital camping ministries we support.
- Explore Calling
- Space for the Boards of Ordained Ministry to gather with seminary representatives and those hearing a call to ministry.
Sunday Ordination Reception
- Appetizers – Registration is required at no cost to attendees.
- This will be a chance to meet and greet the Ordination participants, includes appetizers and light refreshments.